Pages


Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Anna Sui Fall 2011 Collection

Oh. My.God... I just got back from the best hot yoga class ever. Usually at my studio they doesn't really turn up the heat that high. It's usually like 27 or 30 degrees celsius as opposed to 40 degrees. But this time she asked us if we wanted it to be hotter and we said yes and mmm it was so good. Seriously, try hot yoga its the best. I can barely type properly I keep having to rewrite my words. It was disgusting but now I feel really good. Anyways.. Today ML and I went shoe shopping and she got the cutest dang shoes ever. The cutest shoes ever. She posted a pic of them on her blog ( they look even better in person).  There is something about shoe shopping. It's soothing and exciting at the same time. Do you want to know what else is exciting? Anna Sui! I always really enjoy her collections and even if there are some pieces that I wouldn't neccesarily wear out in public I am always entertained by her clothes and her show. They are just so much fun, it's great.  It's not theatrical to the point of being ridiculous and it's not practical to the point of being boring or too easy.
 Anna Sui has some key pieces such as the baby doll dresses, tunics, cardians, and decorative tights. Anna Sui never shies away from crazy. unusual fabrics. There were a few key pieces from the Fall 2011 collection. Recently, many designers have been showing parkas. Anna Sui did parkas too, but as usual, with a twist. She did one parka that was a tweed fabric in the front and a sweater material in the back. She also did another in metallic camoflague jacquard. One thing, however, I was not too keen on and that was the little furry, cat shaped hoods that some of the models were wearing. Animal shaped hoods are cute. If you are eight. I like quirky, I like eclectic, but I think animal shaped hoods aren't very mature and I don't know how a woman could take themselves seriously wearing a cat shaped hood. They just seem very Hannah Montana or emo tween. However, anyone who would wear the furry cat shaped hood, well whatever turns your crank. I just think there is a fine line between something eccentric and something tacky. The dreaded T word.  Overall, I loved the collection , as I normally love anything Anna Sui.

No comments:

Post a Comment