Pages


Monday, February 14, 2011

Two Favorite Bags from Spring 2011 Collections

Happy Valentines Day!! As cynical as I can be about a lot of things ( for example, at Blenz they are doing this thing where you can get a red coffee sleeve and that way people know you are single and can make a move.It's just so cheesy. It's cute and cheesy, I haven't really made up my mind on how I feel about it.) I kind of like Valentines Day. Everything is pink and red and it's acceptable to eat obscene amounts of chocolate. It'd probably be more fun if I had a boyfriend but it's still fun to bitch with my girlfriends about "single awareness day". I am not going to lie, I love romance and Valentines Day. The best Valentines Day ever was a few years ago and my mom gave me a small vintage Chanel 2.55 bag that she miraculously found in a thrift shop. I love that bag so much it's ridiculous. And because today is the day of love, below are two bags from the spring 2011 collections that I love the most.

I know that it's so cliche to talk about Valentines Day and then put nothing but red and pink clothes everywhere ( and I won't) but this bag is way too sweet. It looks like a giant cinnamon heart. I love the little studs at the bottom. If I was carrying it I would feel festive but not like a total cheese ball because it has a little edge. Even though I am a total cheese ball.

This gorgeous black bag is by Yves Saint Laurent. It's just beautiful, I love it. I really enjoy good quality, beautiful,classic clothes (with a little bit of a contemporary edge so it's not boring) that can be worn easily with many different things, over and over again. Black is a colour that goes with everything. It's an absolute staple for me, in fact I probably wear black too much. Anway, in my opinion there are two kinds of black. Soft black, sophisticated, quality black. It's the kind of black that you just want to bury your face in. It's black that doesn't make you look like you belong in a morgue. And there is the stiff, boring hard, black that everyone manages to look bad in. This bag is soft black and I love it.

Happy Valentines Day! Be happy and eat chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment