Pages


Saturday, February 26, 2011

Christian Louboutin Bianca Shoes and Spring/Summer 2011

I have a little bit of a thing for shoes. My favorite shoe designer is Christian Louboutin. My friend Caitlin and I have an intense love for these shoes (and Chanel 2.55 bags and cinnamon. That's a pretty unbreakable bond if you ask me). Especially the red soles. What is it about the red soles? I guess, it's kind of like the interlocking c's of Chanel. It just adds to the (already magical) magic. Not to mention that Louboutins are the shoes of choice for Sex and the City's fashion girl, Carrie Bradshaw. They used to be Manolo Blahniks, but maybe the designer's ungrateful and bitchy attitude towards the popular HBO show turned costume designer Patricia Field off.  The man actually said "If people talk to me about 'Sex and the City' I get sick ... It becomes too much and I don't feel comfortable."- Manolo Blahnik. Oh my god, where is my violin? I guess he got tired of being Carrie Bradshaw's Gepetto? You poor, successful, bloody ungrateful thing.That's not to say that Manolo Blahnik didn't create a lot of his own success, however, Sex and the City brought the designer a lot of attention. In fact, before the first Sex and the City movie, the company wasn't doing so well. Luckily the blue satin shoes with the little crystal buckle from the movie saved the day.

 You know, the ones that Carrie put in the closet when she moved in with Big so that she would feel like she is at home. If you haven't seen the movies, you should, they are great. Anyway, it's a cute thing in the first movie. But Mr. Blahnik, maybe because of his passion for shoes and feet, decided to put his foot in his mouth again. "We had a very good year last year, thanks to those stupid satin shoes. That shoe saved our company," Well, for the second movie, Miss Bradshaw switched her allegiance to Louboutins. An excellent choice. I guess no one taught Blahnik to never bite the hand that feeds him. Anyway, my favour has always been with Christian Louboutin.




Christian Louboutin "Bianca" pumps in red. I think they might have been made in Heaven. The ruby colour is so beautiful, they look like Dorothy's ruby slippers, only much, much better. I wish they were mine.

Christian Louboutin Spring/Summer 2011






These are some shoes from Christian Louboutin Sping/Summer 2011. I don't love everything. The star spangled, fourth of July style pumps belong on a game show girl. Still, I like the white lacy one at the top and the blue suede bootie. The former being feminine and lovely and the latter being edgy and a little unconventional. The measuring tape stilletos at the bottom are kinda cool too, I have to say. They are definitely interesting. This collection was pretty eclectic, but I am a firm believer in people going crazy with shoes. I just love Louboutin to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment