Pages


Saturday, February 5, 2011

Dace Moore aka one of my favorite designers ever.. my top 5 favorite pieces

I just want to say that I am personally obsessed with Canadian designer Dace Moore's clothing. My favorite type of clothing is the kind that you can just kind of throw on and look good. This is one of the reasons that summer and fall are my favorite seasons to get dressed. Easy, breezy dresses in the summer and layering and scarves in the fall. Maybe it's because I am constantly in a rush. I don't even know why I just always am. But I just love that kind of effortless, windswept look. Really beautiful, relaxed, unique pieces. The kind of clothing that is all about fit and detail. I love eccentric, showy fashion as much as the next person, but there is something about these clothes that just makes me (and lots of other people) fall in love. They are interesting, eyecatching and completely unique. These clothes are gorgeous and flattering and they allow the person's figure to look it's best and take centre stage. What is not to love about these clothes? These are just five of my personal favorites..
This is the Bobbi Dress. I feel like grey is seriously one of the best colours ever. It's just easy and chill and it goes with everything. I am a huge fan of grey anything which sounds really lame and boring but this dress shows how awesome grey can be. This dress says to me "I just woke up ,threw this on and left the house and I still look incredible". It looks so comfy and relaxed but still very stylish and sexy in a non-overt way. The fabric is 70% tencel and 30% wool. It goes from size extra small to large and it comes in grey and black.

These are the Carel Shorts. They are just really, really cute. And also unique;they aren't just any other pair of shorts. I like the pleats and the waistband. They are a little eclectic and a lot adorable. I don't know why they remind me of Alice and Wonderland. They are made of 100% cotton and the run in sizes 2- 10 and they come in black and chambray.
This might just be my favorite. The fabric is beautiful, it looks so light and airy. This is the Caressa Dress. I really love the shape! It's so romantic and pretty. This dress pretty much is the reason summer is my favorite season to get dressed. The dress is made of 100% cotton and it runs in sizes extra small to large.


There are many different ideas about what is sexy blah blah blah. I think that a dress that is stylish, a little bit edgy and classy is a lot sexier than a,lets be frank, hoochie dress.Class, confidence and style are what makes someone stand out ( in a good, elegant way, not in an embarassing, desperate, wardrobe malfunction way). This dress has all of that. The lace around the neck is pretty and romantic and a little bit edgy and sultry. The sleeves are long but the length is short. It's a good balance. It'd be awesome for a party! It's 100% silk and it comes in black. It runs from size extra small to large.
This is the Butler Rain Jacket. I love it because it is practical and it's something that would get worn a lot but it's also cute. Again, it feels like something that would be thrown on two seconds before leaving the house. I love clothes like that, I only ever just throw on my favorite clothes because those clothes are the ones that I know will look good always and with everything. This jacket would definitely be one of my favorites and it would look good with everything pretty much. It's made of 56 % linen and 44% cotton with water repellent coating. It comes in khaki and olive and runs from size extra small to large.
There are tons of other clothes by Dace Moore that I love ;(all of them, not even exaggerating) but these are my top five. Here's the website http://www.dace.ca/ .
                                                                                            Marie
                                                                                             


No comments:

Post a Comment