Pages


Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sweet Shoes for Spring 2011

Hi, I like shoes. In case the title of this blog doesn't say it all. I like shoes so much. There are not enough nice words for me to use to say how much I love shoes. I have a bit of an obsession with shoes.. When I walk down the hallway at school I find myself recognising random people based on their shoes and/or handbags. Right now I am all about the boots.In Canada it's chilly and I need to keep my toes nice and toasty. There are two types of boots that I am into at the moment. I want a pair of slouchy, knee high boots in either dark grey or dark brown. I also love little ankle booties in black. I love them with a little heel but unfortunately, heels aren't practical for school so I have a little dark grey flat pair with two rows of grommets on the top. They are cute but I have worn them to bits so yesterday I went shoe shopping. I tried on a pair of chocolate brown, knee high leather boots. I also tried on a sleek, black pair of leather boots that were just under the knee. I ended up going for the black pair because black goes with everything and the leather was so smooth and gorgeous. Anyway, I digress. Let's just get to the point shall we?
Chanel.
Check out these bad-ass boots by the late Alexander McQueen. The whole rocker, studded, grommets etc.. look can be a bit much for some people. However, the best place to try trends is with one's shoes. Shoes are all about fun and personal style. When it comes to shoes there are no rules as far as I am concerned. These shoes are awesome. If I could afford them I would be wearing them right now while I blog in my living room.

These sweet boots are by DKNY. They are kind of edgy and relaxed. I love the laces and the cool shape.

                    These little booties are by Diego Dolcini. They are very stylish and sexy.
These pretty periwinkle blue booties are done by Camilla Skovgaard. They are so sleek, I love them.

These are not boots but they are gorgeous heels by Christian Dior. They are very spring like and I love the geometric design.And they are purple which is one of my favorite colours.
I love these they are so feminine and gorgeous. It may not be spring yet but I think these would be great for Valentines Day. Whether you love Hallmark's favorite holiday or resent it, heels like these make every day sweeter. These shoes by Burak Uyan are delicious..

These are quite the shoes. Like I said, the best place to go crazy is with the shoes and I love punk inspired neon and acid coloured shoes (not skinny jeans, I think I have already expressed my intense hatred for neon skinnies). I can see these with a white dress ( or other neutral, subdued colour) or with black skinny jeans. These are also by Burak Uyan.

These shoes by Brian Atwood seem vintagey but also modern. They are sultry in a burlesque kind of way. They are not what I would picture for spring and they are refreshing. I would wear them with a really feminine (maybe floral) dress.

Well, I am done with Winter. I am ready for dresses and skirts and lighter fabrics..Oh, and nature and all of that good stuff. And these pieces of eye candy have certainly gotten me even more ready for Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment